Placing New Mushrooms

SpeaksWhale

Non-member
Just got home with some small mushrooms for my nano (10G). After acclimating them, can I just drop them in the tank? Or is placement important?

I have some shrooms that when they retract, like they might when transported, get so small you might think they aren't there. Then they come back out again and grow back to their original size. I wouldn't be worried, I bet you got your three. They will settle themselves wherever they are happy, I wouldn't worry about placement.

I have some shrooms that when they retract, like they might when transported, get so small you might think they aren't there. Then they come back out again and grow back to their original size. I wouldn't be worried, I bet you got your three. They will settle themselves wherever they are happy, I wouldn't worry about placement.

Hey, cool.

I noticed the two shrooms have really expanded since being placed on display. I'll wait til tomorrow to see what happens with the bare rock.

Thanks Mike.

if you don't see it on the bare rock, flip it over and make sure it isn't on the underside

Like Jay and Mike said,it could be just hidden and shrunken up some.Don't pull the rock out even if it doesn't show for a while.I've had dozens of mushrooms grow back from just the foot,if it did get knocked off.

Back