playing favorites

jackthestrat

DON'T PANIC
I know I shouldn't say this out loud, but I have a favorite fish.

He's a springer's dotty. I've loved him since I saw him at the LFS.

I brought him home a couple weeks ago. He loves it in the tank.

He's also tough. Scrappy, actually. Kind of reminds me of me.

Yesterday, this tough lil guy swam through four feet worth of tubing into the canister of my ehiem. I had put it in to run carbon for a couple days and had forgotten to put the end on the inlet.

I didn't find him for 5 hours. When I found him, I fished (ha) him out and put him back in the tank.

He was fighting the chromis within seconds.

Just a little story to share. I'm thinking of naming him teflon.

What's everybody else's favorite fish in their tanks?

Ha! That name sounds perfect for him...reminds me of John Gotti, the "Teflon Don." Can you post a picture of him? Would love to see the little scrapper.

Every time I think I have a favorite in our tank I change my mind. I am torn between our Lemonpeel (who is a model reef citizen) and our Pearly Jawfish.

Just finished a tank upgrade yesterday. I was really nervous about moving the Jawfish, since they are notorious jumpers. He was also really stressed since the holding container I had him in had no sand. Then I thought how much of a bummer it would be if he decided to make his cave in the back of the big new tank, since he'd always stayed up front in our previous tank. Within 2 minutes of releasing him, he was right in the same front corner busily digging out a new cave....very happy to be back in the sand. We call him "Muddy," even though he doesn't really look like a mudskipper. :cool:

2906285560092097788S425x425Q85.jpg

Luna -

Ive been trying to post pictures forever. Can't seem to get Ubuntu to recognize a device driver (surprise!). Any body have any ideas on how to get the Flash drive to mount in a toned down version of Linux?

I love jawfishes. I had one once, a good sized bali tiger - jumped out of a one inch clearance of uncovered space in the back of my tank. They have a TON of character.

thanks!

its just getting started. theres a lot of porous rock in there, about 65 lbs. just started adding sps last week.

I have an ornate wrasse which although the biggest PITA is my favorite due to coloring/markings. I have yet to find a pic in a book of him. Closest resemblance to a christmas wrasse but with copper/powder blue stripes. Ill see if i can get a halfway decent pic of him.

I have an ornate wrasse which although the biggest PITA is my favorite due to coloring/markings. I have yet to find a pic in a book of him. Closest resemblance to a christmas wrasse but with copper/powder blue stripes. Ill see if i can get a halfway decent pic of him.

Cool! We used to have a Solaris Wrasse that we really loved years ago. He went missing though...no sign of him anywhere in the tank or on the floor. He was really healthy so we suspect he jumped during the night then one of the pets came along and ate him. Probably the kitty. :(

Back