PLEASE RESPOND- April Meeting: special guest speaker?-Author J.Charles Veron

Would/Could you attend a 19Apr2006 meeting?

• Yes! I'll attend to hear the very special guest!

Votes: 55 59.1%
  • No, I can't make it.

Votes: 22 23.7%
  • No, I'm not interested

Votes: 5 5.4%
  • Other, I'll explain in my reply

Votes: 11 11.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Moe_K

Stabbed by Foulke
We have the opportunity to bring J. Charles Veron to the area as a guest speaker for one night only: Wednesday, April 19, 2006.

Possible locations and times are being worked out; but here's what we need...

Will you be able to make a Wednesday night meeting to hear the godfather of coral identification speak?

Charlie literally wrote the books on coral identification. You may have heard Dr. Rob Toonen refer to Charlie during his presentation last month. This session would be a fitting follow-up to Rob's talk on coral identification. Dr. Veron lives in Australia and rarely visits the US. He's great to chat with about all his time spent diving the Great Barrier Reef and other exotic reefs throughout the Indo-Pacific. This is a great opportunity, and we need participation from the group.

So please respond: can you / will you attend a weeknight meeting?

Of course there'd be a frag swap at the end of the meeting.

Thanks.

Oh, and big thanks to Greg Hiller for working this one!
Greg (or anyone else), please feel free to add anything I forgot!

I would love to hear Charlie speak,but Wednesday night would be almost impossible for me or most weekday nights.

I would take a day off from work without hesitation for a day meeting.

PLEASE READ AND RESPOND- April Meeting: special guest speaker!

We have a chance to bring in Charlie Veron on Wednesday the 19th of April to speak to the club. He lives in Australia, but is visiting the US so this is a unique opportunity. We need to know ASAP what sort of turn out we could expect if we put this meeting together. This decision is very time critical, so please respond.

We do not have a venue secured yet, but we will try to find somewhere centrally located. It will be an evening meeting, but the time will depend on location.

Moe, I think the location would have a big influence on peoples ability to attend. I know the location is tbd, any ideas on what areas are being considered ??

I will attend. I missed Charlie's MACNA session and never saw the recording.

(Just a note: I merged my thread with Cindy's - that's why there may be duplication in the announcement)

What time evening time? If I can run from work to the meeting or later I'm 100% in!

Can we at least get a time of evening?

We are very up in the air. we just found out about this opportunity today and have not found a venue yet. As much input as we can get of when you can make it and what area you'll be coming from would help

I see..Personally I think it should be 7-8pm. If you have it anywhere earlier people are gonna have to compete with boston traffic.

If you guys want, I can TRY talk to the people over at the Hilton Garden Inn (the old Sheraton Fourpoints Hotel ) in Waltham, I have a good relationship with then and my be able to go get the venue.

I would love to go, but like everyone else, it would depend on location.

Waltham would definately work for me.

I can't stress enough how much of an opportunity this is to see an icon in the hobby.

In order to justify the costs we need to have expressed interest from the membership ASAP. It's not every day that we can get a speaker to fly in from OZ.

-Joe

If its in Boston I could probably head there straight from work. If its someplace away from public transportation I don't see myself getting home and back out in time :(

I am interested in going. But also hope on a centralized location (metro-west 128 belt woudl be fine :))

Back