Plumbing help

For the drain you usually leave it unglued. When the power goes out the water level should only drop to the bottom of the teeth on the overflow box.

Thanks John you've been awesome help! I really appreciate it. I'm just about done but ran into an issue on my test.

The return leaks on its way up where my small L and the green tube meet. Is it safe for me to use pvc glue there to join the small L and the green tube together? My hose clamp doesn't seem to be enough

d3f25c842ca6387971f235c64a337f4f.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

is the green tube completely pushed onto the 90 degree connection? if not, i typically submerge the tube in boiling water for about 30-45 seconds, then push the tubing onto the connection. this makes the tube much more pliable and easy to completely attach. typically that and a tightened hose clamp are sufficient. are you sure the water is coming from the tubing connection and not the section where the 90 attaches to the bulkhead?

Hi Brian

Yup green tube is pushed all the way. It doesn't seem like a snug fit and is easy to slip the tube on and off

You can't glue tubing to piping, so hopefully you didn't try! That hose needs to be very snug. They should have sent two different hoses, a smaller diameter one for the return pump, and a larger diameter one for the return. Any chance you swapped those? If not, you will need to pick up smaller diameter tubing. You can get clear tubing from home depot. I usually bring the fittings with me and test fit them to make 100% sure they are correct.

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk

the tubing looks like 2 different sizes. any chance that you are accidentally using the larger piece of tubing on the return?

Yup, the tubing needs to be snug on the fitting, and no pvc cement/glue isn't used on tubing like that. The tubing should fit and stay on the fitting with very minimal to no leakage without the clamp installed. You may need a size smaller tubing.

No worries I didn't try the pvc glue on the tube :)

The tank came with 2 tubes where one is much bigger than the other. I attached the big one to the drain and this is the only one left. I think I might have to make another home depot trip for a new tube

did the larger tube fit securely on the drain?

perhaps they sent you a metric sized pvc piece and a standard sized piece of tubing (or vice versa)? that might account for the sight difference in sizing. did the tubing fit securely on your return pump? what kind of return pump is it and what sized fittings are you using on that?

Hmmm, combining thoughts.....

We were talking about where to glue and not glue the return. Using that L nipple you have for the return connection under the tank might be worth changing - You could find a straight nipple x male slip that matches the tubing size you have now. This would be good because it would be the cheapest solution, AND by using the straight nipple it would probably give you the clearance to be able to slide the return up and out for removal without cutting anything.

Cost, 1-3$. Killing two birds with one stone, well... worth more than $3

After playing around with everything for the day, I finally got it working! Thank you everyone for all your help!

Back