Pooled 1000 count Pods from Reefs2Go

wpeterson

BRS Member
I'm planning to buy a bunch of pods (amphipods/copepods) from Reefs2Go and I'm happy to split up shipping costs so we all save. They're currently selling 1000 count packs for $50 with a second one for free. Shipping is about $20.

http://www.reefs2go.com/media/img/reefs2go/W500-H395-B000000/inv/food/pod_border.jpg[/url]

[url]http://www.reefs2go.com/product/INV_POD-1000-BOGO/Live-Saltwater-Amphipods-Copepods-1000---Buy-1-Get-1-FREE.html[/url]

If one person splits it with me, that's $35/each for a 1000 count pack. If other folks jump in, we can get it even cheaper.

My plan was to take delivery here and keep the packages floating in my tank until folks pick them up (Somerville, MA).

Any interest?

Might want to do a little research on said company..........................(google "complaints")

I ordered from them recently....unhappy with the original order BUT they are sending me a new order out. CS is slow but they make it right for you.

Thanks for the warning guys. I don't trust them for high end stuff, but they've been reliable for macro algae and pods.

Do you guys have another source for bulk amphipod/copepod mixes? I'd much rather buy from someone in the club or local, but it seems like one of the things that's easier online (since they're much less sensitive to shipping).

yeah getyourspods is good and you get a lot. R2G's bogo deal is good too but i think GYP might do some kind of bulk

I agree that reefs2go can be hit or miss. After poking around to replenish my pods, I found: www.aquaculturestore.com Haven't ordered from them yet only because the weather has been too iffy. Maybe next month.

I find that pods fair much better in the cooler and even colder weather. I had an order get delivered while I was away, Sat outsidefor a whole day around xmas and while the water was very cold, the pods started moving once it warmed up! Hot weather just bakes them and they turn that reddish/brown color.

Hi,
I have had great luck with copepods through Reefs2go.
I would wait though (if you can).....you can get the BOGO on the 1000 pods for $24.99

OK, I'm planning to put in an order w/ elaminator tomorrow (to ship on Mon next week).

If anyway else wants in, please let me know by 5pm tomorrow (Weds 3/19).

Is this still going on or did you guys order??

EDIT: nevermind I really dont want to use R2G... way to many horror stories on them

Last edited:
We ended up ordering from GetYourPods.com last week. Order is in flight now, arriving tomorrow.

Follow up on the pods order.

I got the two orders of 1200 pods and 20x young nassarius snails. All healthy and have been great so far in my tank.

I also ordered 10x cerith snails, which were dropped from the shipment and they won't ship to me now without paying another big shipping charge. It looks like I'm going to have to get a refund and never received the second order of snails :-/

Caveat emptor.

Back