Problem with 150G dual internal overflow

There should be pvc stand pipes in the overflow to prevent that no?
Without a leak proof inner wall the whole tank could drain down to the level of lowest stand pipe. Stand pipes are not typically as high as the water level in the display.

Does anyone have an opinion on using silicone sealant instead of or in addition to the gasket on the flange side?

I feel like that would work, but wondering if anyone has done that?

Silicone can interfere with an otherwise properly fitting bulkhead. I'd see how it works without silicone and go from there. If it doesn't fit or seal properly then silicone may help, but I'd be worried about it being a liability down the road.

I am assuming the bulkhead won’t seat and seal properly because there is a slight curve to the overflow box?

I am assuming the bulkhead won’t seat and seal properly because there is a slight curve to the overflow box?
Yes and it is very flexible, so as soon as the nut comes in contact with it it bends slightly

Is the overflow curved, or is that just the picture? Either way you should be able to patch it, but obviously it'll be easier if it's not curved. (if it is curved, I'd use a heatgun to soften and bend the acrylic to match the curve)

Is the overflow curved, or is that just the picture? Either way you should be able to patch it, but obviously it'll be easier if it's not curved. (if it is curved, I'd use a heatgun to soften and bend the acrylic to match the curve)
There is a curve to it. I am planning to heat it up, give it a little bend and be very generous with the weld on :)

There is a curve to it. I am planning to heat it up, give it a little bend and be very generous with the weld on :)
Sounds good. Probably get it in there with generous WO#16, let it dry, then goop some more WO in from the front.

*remember the WO#16 is runny and loves to make a mess. Kind of like sand at the beach, it magically gets EVERYWHERE. I'd mask off anything near where you'll be working.

Back