pure white anemone

dz6t

Acro Garden, BRS Sponsor
BRS Sponsor
BRS Member
I saw one in a fish store and it was label white LBTA. It was pure whitew and not atttaching to anything. Is there such a thing as white anemone or just one that already bleached out? The price tag was $35.

There is no green hint to it, just pure white

if its a bubble tip .. my guess is that i was bleached .. i have seen other anenomies that are white .. but not a bta..

more then likley it was grown with little lighting, once you hit it it will more than likley start to turn to the traditional green/brown.

There is no other color on it but white. White body, white tips. Just white but it is alive.

I would definately wait for one that is attached and has sticky tenticles and responds to food. If the not attaching is just due to shipping stress, have the store hold it for a few days. I doubt this is a healthy anemone, but time will tell. You probably want a positive ID too as lighting conditions needed and clown hosting probability is dependant on the anemone. True and false percs are not naturaly symbiotic with BTAs, but maroons are.

Cindy, thanks.
I will go back in several days to see if the anemone is still alive.
By the way, have you catch the dottyback yet?

We should be transferring the 58 to our refugium soon. Maybe this weekend. I'll be able to catch him then.

Back