question on metal halide bulb

J

jokersplayground

ok i have a 14k 70w ushio bulb but it looks like it is a 10k. why could this be? ive also noticed alot of my sps are turning brown. i dont know if they are just getting use to the change of light. they wher under a t5 fixture. but my levels are as follows
ph: 8.2
ammonia: 0
nitrite: 0
nitarte: what i think is below 5
alk: 10
calcium: 380
salinity: 1.025
the bulb is only about a month old.
i have had this happen before and it brightend up after a while. im just nervous its to do something with the bulb

Color temperature varies from one brand of bulb to another. Unless you have the same brand before and notice the shift, it's probably normal.
Also, different ballast will fire the bulb differently too. Best way is to play with a couple of different brand bulbs and stick with what you like.

ok thank you. i hope my sps will color back up

Ushio 14 k looks a lot whiter than Phoenix 14k and it always the case for decades.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just use MH and I have noticed color shift/a little browning when I make a big change from my 20ks to say 10 or 14ks but they have always bounced back color wise, I have the best growth with my 10k but color is poor(very yellow), I like 16k for over all looks and growth, 20k for looks, but growth does slow down compared to the 10-14k. For my single bulbs I only use radiums. I love the colors out of them.

im starting to see my birdsnest turn pink close to the body

Calcium is on the lower side and I did not see a Magnesium test??? Magnesium plays a big role in SPS coloration...not that it would cause a shift...the shift is most likely due to the light change. But I just wanted to point out if you are trouble shooting SPS things like Magnesium and Potassium can also be very important especially for coloration.

Is this a nano tank? you can use water change to fix issues.

yes its a nano tank i do 20% water changes every week

Back