question on sump/fuge

paine43

Non-member
i'm seetting up a fuge, but i'm trying to deside what design to go with i found one that kinda looked like this. if anyone has any other ideas let me know
thanks tina

Attachments

• fuge.psd.jpg
    fuge.psd.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 347
That's how mine is set up. Works well in my opinion. you'll probably want a valve before the fuge, so you can limit flow through the fuge. What's the second pink line going into the skimmer compartment? Will you have two drains from your tank?

the second line is a t off the fuged drain so that it's a slower rate through the fuge but i guess that can be done with a value
tina

I meant the pink line all the way to the right. I assume that's a second separate drain from the tank?

I think having a tee is good for the fuge drain, just add a valve as well so you can tweak the flow if too much is going crashing into the fuge area. As drawn, very little water coming down that drain into the fuge will make the 90 degree turn towards the skimmer compartment.
It's just a minor detail. Looks like you've got the right idea for the whole thing.

This system looks like it will be a great step up from the leaky tank, eh? Are you sure you didn't accidentally kick the old tank when your girlfriend wasn't looking? ;)

I HAve my intake the other way around, with a valve that restricts the flow and pushes it over to the refugium

"I meant the pink line all the way to the right. I assume that's a second separate drain from the tank?"

Nate i think thats the return

Back