Quick Little Poll: Sand or Bare Bottom

Sand or Bare Bottom

• Sandbed

Votes: 24 77.4%
  • Bare Bottom

Votes: 7 22.6%

• Total voters
Running 2 systems side by side, one bare bottom, one with sand. Seem to have much less problems with the sandy bottom system and it look better.

Sand. I am too lazy to deal with detritus build up and would rather have conch and other things sift the sand to clean it for me

Sand - my goal is to create mini reef ecosystem, some things like glass walls and wave makers are unavoidable, but a bare bottom would just look too out of place for me. Diamond Goby (mine have jumped to their death twice in 6 months) keep the sand nice and white. I also keep wrasses who seem to need the sand at night

I like the maintenance of a BB (or lack of maintenance). Turn up the flow and nothing settles in my tank. I used black abs and within a couple months it was covered and coraline so it still looks good. I started it when I moved so all my rock was already cycled and haven't had any issues.

I think the 40B is going to BB as I wanna do all High End SPS. We'll see.

My tank is bb. Tried sand for 6 months and it was too hard to clean in a nano. Broke coral every water change. Also had some cyano which I haven’t had before or since

Back