Really, really crappy discovery......

wont matter what they do then as you can now dispute it with your CC! They will be forced to make it right. I know amex covers purchases longer then any other CC, I have had to dispute a couple things before and they are by far the best at getting things taken care of

HaHa that's a pretty good plan, but then he will be out twice the money until it's resolved. It could be risky. If this tank has a one year warranty I don't understand why it's so difficult to return. I wonder if they are stalling him until the warranty expires. I think the least the store could do is call the manufacturer on his behalf. It doesn't seem like anyone wants to help him. Maybe it's time for Judge Judy. lol

Te guarantee should be from the date of claim... make not of it...

Since quite a few sponsors now sell their tanks Im sure they would be interested in knowing about their customer service.

Not his problem

Well, the owner categorically denied any responsibility for the tank. He said it should have been blamed on the freight company, or the store that signed for it, or me, or the bad roads.....anybody but him.

It is not (according to him) a warrantable issue.

What he wants me to do is buy ANOTHER new one that he is going to give me 'a great deal' on. He said I should spend even more on the next tank, make it rimless, add overflows, have it drilled by them, etc. :confused:

So.....I now have a $700.00 glass paperweight, no real $ left to buy another one for the forseeable future....and no recourse.

Last edited:
Since they are doing nothing for you, can you post this up in the VE forum so no one else buys anything from them?

Jay, And remember this is me talking..I know it is not what you want to hear.. But Can you use the tank? My seahorse tank has a chip in the corner, It is only 65g but so far so good...

Sooo how did the shipping company get the silicone in the crack??? I would definitely share your experience with all of the forum sponsors. I dont think that they would want to be selling tanks that the manufacturer doesnt stand behind. If I remember correctly, their warranty kind of sucks to begin with doesnt it? I recently picked up an aqueon 75 gallon that was only slightly more than a deep sea 75 because of the lifetime warranty on the aqueon and something crappy on the deep sea.

Can you get a new piece of glass to replace the chipped one and re-silicone it? Not free like it should be, but it'll be cheaper than a whole tank...

It sucks no one is taking responsibility for this when they clearly should be.

Since this is going to be an island tank can you silicone two pieces of 2" x 2" x 1/4" glass on each side of the chip on the part that's going to be against the wall and call it a day? Once it gets covered with coraline you probably won't know the differance. Do want us to "shame on you" email them now?

Last edited:
Jay, And remember this is me talking..I know it is not what you want to hear.. But Can you use the tank? My seahorse tank has a chip in the corner, It is only 65g but so far so good...

DO you want to see me explaining to my wife when there's 400 gallons of water on my family room floor? There's NO WAY I would knowingly put a compromised tank in on purpose....my luck runs bad enough as it is.

Well, the owner categorically denied any responsibility for the tank. He said it should have been blamed on the freight company, or the store that signed for it, or me, or the bad roads.....anybody but him.

It is not (according to him) a warrantable issue.

What he wants me to do is buy ANOTHER new one that he is going to give me 'a great deal' on. He said I should spend even more on the next tank, make it rimless, add overflows, have it drilled by them, etc. :confused:

So.....I now have a $700.00 glass paperweight, no real $ left to buy another one for the forseeable future....and no recourse.

It would make sense to me if a rep from either the tank company or the local vendor sent someone out to see the tank in person. From what has been said, it sounds like it would be hard for them to disprove that it's manufacturing when seen up close.

they're pretty far away from here, but I guess I could ask the store owner (who is now also dodging my calls).

My call to him tomorrow. "Please tell him that if I do not hear from him by the end of the day, I am going to dispute the charge on my CC."

(I can't, but I bet I get his attention)

I'm going to have to modify my statement to " I will be filing suit in small claims court, and filing a complaint with the BBB and the Chamber of Commerce" instead.

Chase has said no dispute claims past 90 days, thanks to the most recent round of financial reform legislation.

If I haul it in there on a dolly, no judge is going to buy the bull that rough handling made the glass break INSIDE

How about a peaceful BRS protest outside the store that sold this to you, bet that would get their attention :)

I'm going to have to modify my statement to " I will be filing suit in small claims court, and filing a complaint with the BBB and the Chamber of Commerce" instead.

Might be the only thing to do that could get you some action Jay.That and start something on RC. I'm appalled at the owner and the stores response and attitude.

Back