Red Mite Treatment Help

wrassefan

Intentionally Left Blank
BRS Member
Okay...I got interceptor....according to the thread on treating for red mites, each tablet will treat 380gal (please correct me if this is incorrect). How accurate a measurement does it have to be if I'm treating acros in a 10 gal tank? I was planning on using a box filter for circulation, heater, tank water and some liverock for biological filtration. That means this one pill should be divided into 38 equal doses. Is this correct??? Please help!!

I'm no expert but I know that a lot of people have reported using signifigantly higher doses than reccomended (allowing some margin of error assuming your going for the reccomended dose). When I treated, I split a pill up into thirds and used one third for each dose on a system with 80-90 total gal. Pretty aproximate, but it worked without problems.

For a 10g, obviously you'd need to be a bit more accurate. I've heard of people talking pharmicists onto measuring out portions, but I don't know how hard/who you have to know, to get that done. Also, if I recall correctly, I think I remember hearing that jeremy at CRA helped some people measure out portions, you might try contacting him?

thanks for the reply Jimmy....I ended up trying to treat the entire tank and split the pill into 4 equal portions....might end up using about a third by the time I'm done.

Good luck, I doubt you will have any problems. If anything dose on the high side, treatment was pretty safe as I remember. Pull snails / hermits / crabs / maybe shrimp. Everything else should be fine, I had no negative effects.

Back