Redish/brown marks/smudges on my Yellow Tang

Ba19Ma88

Non-member
I woke up this morning and as I do every morning did a quick once over on my tank. Looking at my yellow tang I noticed red splotches on the rear body going onto the base of the tail. It is not like his usual coloration (he does get darker during the night when the lights are off) during the lights off phase. But it usually goes away and he goes to his normal bright yellow. It is not red speckles but more like a smudged brown/redish fingerprint.

I was running late and Ill try to post a photo if it is still there tonight when I get home, but I thought someone may know or have heard of this and can point me in the right direction.

Thanks
Bruce

I do have 2 anemone's in the tank but they are located away from his normal swimming and hanging out area. But I suppose anything is possible.

NUNOFS.....that site is great.

I think my game plan is going to be try nori soaked in selcon and try the wait and see and keep an eye on him. I hope he is all right by the time I get home. He eats like a cow and swims freely no sign of heavy breathing as of this morning. But my tank is over stocked I am waiting on my new stand to arrive so I can set up the 75 and this tank is suffering the effects of waiting.

Back