Reef emergency: Please help if you can!

I have a Kent RO/DI system. The check valve on the output product water side of the RO membrane housing broke off. Does anyone have any RO housing parts laying around?

Thanks.

The fittings are pretty standard parts, you can get them at home depot.

You can replace the check valve with a needle valve.

Did the fitting break off the membrane housing, or is it an inline check valve that broke? If it's just a check valve and not a busted housing, you can use the system without it for now. You can pick up parts at home depot or lowes later to fix it.

Do you have a drinking water setup attached to it also or is it just an RODI unit?

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

Glad it's just your RO unit, Chuck! When I read the title, I thought your tank had an issue that needed immediate help from a leak or something. :: Good luck with the fix.:)

Feel free to give me a call if you still need a housing or other parts Chuck.

Shoot me a PM if you lost my number.

Thanks for all the kind replies. I ended up ordering a replacement housing from marine depot as early as possible with a 1 day delivery. The fitting is a 1/8 NPT to 1/4 tube. Unfortunately it broke off in the housing with the stainless steel check valve still in the housing/ No way to drill it out or to "grab" anything to get the fitting out. I have a 10 gallon FW reserve tank so I should be OK for 2-3 days. Figures this happened on a holiday weekend so that delivery is on Wed vs Tues. Murphy is SO alive in this hobby! LOL! If worse comes to worse I'll probably have to find a local source of RODI water.

Thanks for all the kind replies. I ended up ordering a replacement housing from marine depot as early as possible with a 1 day delivery. The fitting is a 1/8 NPT to 1/4 tube. Unfortunately it broke off in the housing with the stainless steel check valve still in the housing/ No way to drill it out or to "grab" anything to get the fitting out. I have a 10 gallon FW reserve tank so I should be OK for 2-3 days. Figures this happened on a holiday weekend so that delivery is on Wed vs Tues. Murphy is SO alive in this hobby! LOL! If worse comes to worse I'll probably have to find a local source of RODI water.

let me know if you need RODI water i just changed all my filters in my unit O TDS output and I'M IN CHELSEA

Back