Reef tank milkshake of snaily love

ChrisV

BRS Member
My banded trochus snails are having a total (can we say orgy on this site?) this morning. My tank is super cloudy and there are gametes everywhere! Hopefully I will end up with a bumper crop of these guys and can pass them along on the forums. Mine spawn regularly, but I've never seen them go at it quite like this. There is no skimmer on the system, so they will have plenty of time to settle out.

I will add an extra bag of chemipure to the help with any pollution and plan for a WC in a day or so.

PXL_20220602_122327388~2.jpg

Gah so many gametes. This water is normally clear. Wondering if I should throw on a filter sock or something. I don't normally use one.
PXL_20220602_124039088.jpg

Nice healthy system. Do you ever have any issues with the baby snails in your pumps?

Nice healthy system. Do you ever have any issues with the baby snails in your pumps?
Nope! Not yet. The system is actually a pretty low flow nano tank. I use a sicce 1.5 (?) as a return and I have it plumbed into a spin stream for turbulence. I was actually planning on installing a Nero 3 this morning when I saw this. I figured that... nobody likes to be interrupted. Will wait on bumping the flow.

Back