Reefcon Pro Aquarium Software

fulinn

Love to Learn
Hi All,

I have been using the above software for almost 2 years even though development seems to have stopped. The software has never made it out of beta.

I have decided to use a different method for tracking my tank and went to open up the software to print off my reports to find that the beta expired.

Now the software won't open and I've lost 18 months or more of data :mad:

Is anyone here familiar with this software ? I've e-mailed the contact but have gotten no response. The database seems to be on my laptop but but none of my software recognize an "IDF" file type any ideas on how I could open it and retrieve my data ?

I'm not trying to steal anything form the programmer. I liked this software so much I bought it even though it was in beta. So I feel like I should be able to get my data out of the program.

Anyhow, any suggestions would be appreciated.

Bonnie

Info Retrieval

Have you tried to import the file into Microsoft Excel? Its a long shot, but sometimes I've been able to import data files into excel and retrieve some data.
If you'd like, send me the idf file, I might be able to turn it into just a plain text file.

Bonnie -

I use this software. If you purchased the product, you can go to the web site where you download the software, and there is a more recent build that runs until Jan 08.

If you can't find it, or just want the version, PM me with an e-mail address and I'll e-mail it to you.

Eric

Found the updated Software

Thank you Eric and all for advise.

I had gone out to the site and looked for an updated version and didn't see it.

I went back out a second time and found it so I should be all set.

Thank you for your help, I guess I needed another set of eyes.

Bonnie

Back