• Alk Swing

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • Heater Malfunction

Votes: 7 43.8%

• Total voters

tkyee98

Yeet.Reefing
BRS Member
Pick your poison folks… anything I missed that’s worse drop it in the thread below!

I voted for a heater malfunction and it could potentially killed everything you've worked so hard for. I'd also like to throw alkalinity swing in there as well because too much too quick, see ya later.

Pulsing Xenia,
just for u dong miss this tank tho
poms.JPG

velvet outbreak by far is the worst. lost 12 of 15 fish I had over 8 years. Including a beautiful Powder blue. I voted heater malfunction because I also lost 2 huge beautiful colonies due to one last year

Bryopsis broke my sprit, it took me ten years to get back into the hobby. Be careful who you buy from is my warning.

I have to vote mechanical catastrophe is worst. Almost all pests have workable treatment — and they feel more “part of the game” to me.

A broken tank or electrical fire is the ultimate nightmare for sure. Broken heater or carx disaster could nuke the tank, but at least you can mostly avoid with redundancies. And it won’t kill your house too.

Diseases next bad, especially some horrible ones like uronema, velvet, brown jelly (though antibiotics might be a silver bullet so move that down), Ich

Worst pests:
1. Dinos
2. Tied AEFW and MEN
3. Invasive corals you really knew were a dumb idea but went for anyway
4. Algae like brown wire, cladophoropsis, etc that can’t be starved and nothing small eats. (But H2O2 eats it all!!)

Back