Reefrieds Relocation

Cool. Marathon tank move yikes.
Love the song and the vid. My favorite part of the vid is how the tank gets moved, cleaned, scraped, refilled and within hours the backwall is cover is coraline. LOL I realize why just funny is all.

I dread the day I move with a 72 bow, 70, 46 bow 29 and 2 10's as well as the phyto station. Just thinking about it scares me.

Nice job on the all night tank move. How is the tank doing now? Hopefully everything is happy!

Nice job on the all night tank move. How is the tank doing now? Hopefully everything is happy!

Everything is great I had ZERO losses even though the temp of the water when we finished filling her up was 59.6, four 300w heaters and two hours later the temp was 79, and in went the fish, anemone, and coral. Also if you noticed in a few pics I have GSP growing all over my overflow box, we covered it with wet paper towels during the move but it was out of water for about three hours, and its now a week later and its ALL out and happy as ever...The coral Gods were nice to me I guess..

I know what you guys went through....I moved my 72 gallon from one stand to another, so I could repair the stand last night.

Even moving the tank 3 feet took me 5 1/2 hours...because I discovered much to my hideous dismay that the 3 acryllic tanks I was using for sump and fuge did not fit under the temp stand, so I had to totally replumb it.

Now I have a drip-leak under the tank at the drain bulkhead, and HD is closed. Bucket time.

I know what you guys went through....I moved my 72 gallon from one stand to another, so I could repair the stand last night.

Even moving the tank 3 feet took me 5 1/2 hours...because I discovered much to my hideous dismay that the 3 acryllic tanks I was using for sump and fuge did not fit under the temp stand, so I had to totally replumb it.

Now I have a drip-leak under the tank at the drain bulkhead, and HD is closed. Bucket time.

Ouch. Could the bulkhead be loose or over tightened? Can you drain the overflow and retighten it?

The 1" PVC is press fit out of the bulkhead. I didn't/don't want to glue it, because the plumbing has to come apart when I tie into my basement sump

why dont you glue it then attach a union??, and also if you put some pvc cement on the lip where they meet it works or maybe some silicone, until you get a new one.. But we had a HELL of a time getting my old bulkhead off, not the nut but the bulkhead itself, then after we got it the gasket would NOT budge so I used that one with the new bulkhead.(I switched to a filter sock setup when I moved so I needed a new bulkhead {a slipXslip})

why dont you glue it then attach a union??, and also if you put some pvc cement on the lip where they meet it works or maybe some silicone, until you get a new one.. But we had a HELL of a time getting my old bulkhead off, not the nut but the bulkhead itself, then after we got it the gasket would NOT budge so I used that one with the new bulkhead.(I switched to a filter sock setup when I moved so I needed a new bulkhead {a slipXslip})

I appreciate the input. HD is closed, no union here, and I don't want to glue things, for the exact reasons you mentioned. The bulkhead has been re-tightened, but the leak is where the 1" goes into the bulkhead on a slip. There's a pot under the drip now, and I will do a re-plumbing tomorrow after work.....

Upcoming Events

June 9, 2024
Ben Johnson
Club Meeting

Back