....Reefrieds' Downsize Saga....

...and the finished look of the "framework" or "backbone'of the system....it looks just as i planned, it has a clean seamless look to it that i wanted as I want the things in the tank to be that main focus....now comes the fun part-- FILLING IT WITH CORALS:D:D...

Attachments

• P1020561.jpg
    P1020561.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 246
  • P1020507.JPG
    P1020507.JPG
    89.5 KB · Views: 259
Last edited:
Hey Mike,

I like the way you mounted the moonlights,very clever.
That's a nice size tank and fully contained,great job.
Are you sure filling it with corals is the fun part?
You seem more into the equipment and set up.;)

Looking great... From that FTS you can't even see that gap...

....Thanks and i was planning on asking you how you like it, but from what i've read they seem to be great....

Only thing is it took prob 2-3 weeks for it to break in so I was constantly adjusting the level which is easy with the way it's set up. But once it broke it's been even easier... I did do the mesh mod but there is a pinwheel out there for the sicce 2500 pump that is supposed to be almost as good as mesh modding but without the startup problems. It's an extra $30 and at this time I can't justify it since my tanks small so you prob wouldn't need it but heres a link just in case...

http://www.reefspecialty.com/p407/ATB-Sicce-Pinwheel/product_info.html

Nice Progress! Good Idea on the Moon lights

.....Thanks and yeah the moons look good and are out of the way....

Hey Mike,

I like the way you mounted the moonlights,very clever.
That's a nice size tank and fully contained,great job.
Are you sure filling it with corals is the fun part?
You seem more into the equipment and set up.;)

.....Bob, thank you for the kind words, and yes I'm more into the corals believe it or not, but as you know your system is only as good as its weakest link:D, thats why us reefers are always up-grading!

Looking great... From that FTS you can't even see that gap...

...Yeah Dave i actually had to try and get that other shot of the gap, as its really not noticeable....

Only thing is it took prob 2-3 weeks for it to break in so I was constantly adjusting the level which is easy with the way it's set up. But once it broke it's been even easier... I did do the mesh mod but there is a pinwheel out there for the sicce 2500 pump that is supposed to be almost as good as mesh modding but without the startup problems. It's an extra $30 and at this time I can't justify it since my tanks small so you prob wouldn't need it but heres a link just in case...

.....yeah and I saw that pin wheel too its actually the ATB pin-wheel from their cone skimmers......and i think i'll go with that, have you checked out your mesh since it has been running for awhile, they say that it breaks down after awhile and thats the only reason i dont want to go with that, as it scares me a little....but the mesh puts out more scfh/or lPH of air and much finer bubbles, so its a catch 22...I'm currious to how yours looks after 6 months or so

.....So i realize its been over a year and i want to uodate this thread, and i have some pics too.......(i already posted some of these pics in the photo forum but i want to add them here so i have them in this thread).......

......So the tank is doing great sps look sweet color is right on, i switched to a phoenix 14k bulb and a ati blue plus t5 and couldnt be happier, also my lps all adjusted to the higher par from the phoenix as i slowly acclimated them, i just have a problem with one favia and all blastos as they have to be shadded........

Attachments

• 061.JPG
    061.JPG
    96.1 KB · Views: 214
  • 063redo.JPG
    063redo.JPG
    42 KB · Views: 195
....more pics....

Attachments

• 043.JPG
    043.JPG
    92.8 KB · Views: 210