Refugium light

Clamp reflector light with CFL daylight bulb on one, and a marineland LED over another, and CPR fuge light on a CPR fuge on another.

I use hydroponic/plant grow LED lights
Some pictures
a5b1fef634aa8091ed038a8b4ac4bb1c.jpg
61ff673b084941f217c5d15615afdabf.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Honestly it's a variable answer. The bio-load of the tank, wattage of the light to the sum of the chaeto, duration, and obviously par values from whatever distance. I have a 29g biocube I use as a sump on a 60g cube. I have the clamp light attached to the back wall of the biocube pointed into the tank, which is where I keep the chaeto. The CFL bulb is the 23w 100w equivalent. This is my 2nd to 3rd year with this setup, works for me, but growth is slow in comparison to what I read others have for rates.

Marineland led and the CPR fuge light are both over CPR hang on back fuge I'd say the same as the cfl for growth rates.

I'd say fit a light source to the area your intending on keeping the chaeto or whatever your doing.

I think what nemodan is doing, and using is pretty ideal, but the space used has to make sense. His obviously does.

I think what nemodan is doing, and using is pretty ideal, but the space used has to make sense. His obviously does.

I will explain my picture. Is a 40 G fuge for a 65 TANK. The Macro is within a cage. Around it I have corals and fish. On the side are mangroves growing in a HOB Petco filter. They were babies when I got from eBay. I pointed to them a small hydroponic light. This year I added a 34W hydroponic light pointing them and left the small in place.

There is a 34W hydroponic light pointing the side of the macro cage. Macros grow well on that side due to the light. That one was from the start to stimulate the grow on that section.

I had only the Reef light type hanging in the center of the tank (now is right of picture). Some months ago I decided to add the plant growing light hanging on the center. Macros are growing better there. I do not know why I waited so long.

That's all. Was a kind of evolution.

I use a purple Kessil H150 that's on 12 hours a night on my sump refugium and a mix of GE 3k and ATI blues on my display refugium.

Here's a pretty cool video from Bulk Reef Supply:

Last edited:
Back