Regal Angel

JimmyMac

Non-member
Does anyone own or has owned a Regal Angel out there? Can you share your experience and thoughts with respect to adding the a reef system with mixed coral. How temperamental are they and what size would you recommend looking to purchase? Also red sea vs indo pacific? :cool:

if you really want to know then there are ALOT of first hand experience on ReefCentral. you can type in the following phrase in Google (Regal Angel Primer). Have fun reading. :)

There was a Redsea regal at Jays last week and another Redsea at Ocean in Glass this week. You may want to take a look at it and study its personality. Although, it can and most likely change when you put it in your own tank.
I've been eying large angels for my tank but can't seem to pull the trigger in doing so because I love my LPS. They can nip at my sps but most likely won't kill it. But they love the fleshy LPS.

we do have an extra large one, would say 6in plus
goes for 229.99 and is red sea, if youd like to come by and check him out
beautiful fish

Yeah not saying order from that site just start with the guide there, no guide can say exactly what any fish will act like in your tank. I don't know how anyone can know everything about each fish

I pulled the trigger on a juvenile from NY aquatics. I'll QT it for awhile and see how it goes. I have been reading up on them for some time. Was more curious if anyone had first hand experience with one. Thanks for all your comments.

I have kept several over the years, both in my personal tanks and in customers tanks I service...IME I would not consider them Reef Safe with LPS Corals at all...but they left softies and SPS alone... I would always recommend getting a juvi so you have the best chances of getting onto a diet rather than it coming in with a diet already in mind. I feel this way with all larger Angels...

Just wanted to follow up. My juvenile regal arrived DOA. Which was a bummer. I will try one more time once the new regals have acclimated and are eating. Disappointed

I'm starting to see them at the lfs I stated above. I think it's better to buy fish at a store so you can look at them other than online.
I still have not pulled the trigger lol.

Back