ReReefer

dakar652

dakar652
Hello forum members. It's been quite some time since I've been active on the forum...probably 7 or 8 years ago I fell off the face of the earth and a few years after that, I lost my tank to the great ice storm of 2010 when my power went out for 2 entire weeks.

Fast forward, I joined the Marine Corps Reserves and am still enlisted (just passed my 3 year mark)...but with no foreseeable future deployments, i decided to buy a house and also take on a second attempt at my favorite hobby i have ever had, REEFING!

I still have my live rock, though i'm not quite sure how 'live' it is anymore, as someone turned off my circulation pump before i came home from training. So first thing is first, i'll be changing the water in my rubbermaid tote and getting the water moving again with some light on it...then, i will start designing the aquascape of my brand new 46 gallon bowfront seaclear acrylic...and somewhere in there, i'll be building a stand for the tank as well.

It's great to be back...i loved this forum when i first started with my african cichlids ten years ago, and i'm sure you will not dissapoint on helping me with my most recent endeavor. Thanks in advance!

Your old friend,
Mike

Mike, good to see you made it home safe.

Thank you and oooorah!

See you at a meeting soon and good luck getting things started back up.

Mike, good to see you made it home safe.

Thank you and oooorah!

See you at a meeting soon and good luck getting things started back up.

Ooorah!

Thanks for the warm welcome. Is it just me, or is the forum at a near stand still compared to what it used to be (7 or 8 years ago now as previously stated). I realize there's probably more hands in the cookie jar as far as places to get information are concerned, but this was THE place for us bean town kids to get a jump on the hobby. I'm still very interested in participating and contributing here whenever possible, I'm just astounded at the stark difference in level of activity on the forum from then to now. Of course, I could just be looking in the wrong places at the wrong times.

-Mike

has its ups and downs , still a great place to get info and stuff . I don't know you cause Im fairly new to BRS but welcome back and thank you for kicking some but for us

Ooorah!

Thanks for the warm welcome. Is it just me, or is the forum at a near stand still compared to what it used to be (7 or 8 years ago now as previously stated). I realize there's probably more hands in the cookie jar as far as places to get information are concerned, but this was THE place for us bean town kids to get a jump on the hobby. I'm still very interested in participating and contributing here whenever possible, I'm just astounded at the stark difference in level of activity on the forum from then to now. Of course, I could just be looking in the wrong places at the wrong times.

-Mike
Yeah, vastly different from the old days. 9 years ago a thread with no new posts would disappear off page 1 in a couple of hours.

Back