Ricordia advise

etszoo

Thread Killer
BRS Member
Long story short. Have one. Starting to shrink and lose it's color. What am
I doing wrong? Params are excellent. Shrooms are multiplying. All other inhabitants healthy.
Any help or ideas?
Eric :confused:

I had the same thing happen and one day it was just gone until I moved everything over from the 29 to the 60 I found it still small but has color, not sure why but I would like to know.

Eric,
You might want to try a post over on Rc in the Corallimorphians forum. its in the special interest forums. Seems like everytime I look at it it is 90% ric questions.

Was kidding. I checked it out anyway. Basically said they do well under most conditions. Did not say anything about flow though. Do they like a lot?

My rics do receive good flow. you can see the polyps moving back and forth. I also feed them every once in a while. I hope that helps. They are also on the bottom of the tank aprox20" below 250W MH.

Maybe the shrooms are attacking chemically?? Too close?? Run some carbon and do a water change. Is the flow in the direction from the shrooms to the ricordia?? My ricordia never did well in high lights. Tried them under a ledge or between the brace of my tank for shadow. Had to move all mine to my low light tank.

I only have PCs. Have been running carbon. My tank is only 5months old. Hopefully it
bounces back...maybe it wasn't time yet. I'll try moving it away from my shrooms in
a better flow area. Thanks for all the advise guys.

If you only have pcs try to move them higher if they are on the botton of the tank. They do require more lights then regular mushrooms.

I had some under PC's and they did OK but no growth. After switching to MH 250s DE they have taken off with growth and starting to split.

Back