Ricordia mushroom taking over!!!

sutton6989

BRS Member
so an orange ricordia mushroom us taking over realestate near my sps colony's and stinging them.. is there anyway to remove them from the rock?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2

Kalk paste? This is the treatment people use to treat aptasia, I'm guessing it will kill unwanted mushrooms.

Or you can frag them and send them my way :)

Use a razor blade and scrape it off as close to the rock as possible. Try and scrape off a layer of rock as to not injure the ric. Then glue it elsewhere

Sorry I misunderstood the post... I was thinking you were trying to kill them off, not relocate them.

In that case...I'm not really sure

Ill try the razor. Thanks for the info
Some are in crevasses in the rock so ill try my best

Kalk paste? This is the treatment people use to treat aptasia, I'm guessing it will kill unwanted mushrooms.

Or you can frag them and send them my way :)

If I can frag any and have them survive your more than welcome to some

I'd rather try and save them to give away. they are really nice bright orange.

most rics don't like high flow so if you can point a powerhead at them they may just fall off in an atempt to move them selves, it has worked for me with discosoma mushrooms and a bubble tip anenome just be on the lookout for wear it lands

a Richordea stinging? can you psot a pic?

I have richordeas next to a pipe organ, one of my clams and a finger leather coral and they dont bother any corals and the other corals dont bother them.

anyways, if it is a richordea, dont kill it. You can sell it for $10 - 20

Ya it's like on my tri color and its either stinging it or just covering up the base and its not getting light.. either way they are getting out of control I have about 15 of them

Back