Ride the wave

Thats an Alveapora Nate and here is the secret

Attachments

• 100_0332 (Small).JPG
    100_0332 (Small).JPG
    59.4 KB · Views: 412
Sorry guys streamload seems to be having issues today and I am unable to get through to tech support until tommorrow so hopefully the links will be online again soon. For what its worth the links are video's of my tank with the wave box running.

Last edited:
Streamload is on california time so waiting for them to get in but so far I can tell you the results are quite impressive, upon intial setup detritus was floating out from behind rocks. After two days of running polyp extension is a lot bigger. The wave box creates about a 1" wave on my setup and in conjuction with the existing Tunze's run in tide mode 6hrs from one side to another the setup is as close to mimicing the ocean currents that I have seen to date.

Can you fine tune the wavebox very much? Also, what size tank are you running it on?

I have been dying to try something that mimicks this type of wave motion. It seems way more natural than anything out there.

Joe you have to fine tune the resonance of the unit to work correctly its not that hard very sensitive though one way or the other and it will not produce the wave, the position of the unit also plays a roll as far as water level height. Initial setup was a little complicated but after playing with it and understanding it a little more its a pretty simple theory.

Its running on my 210 right now which is a 6' tank I don't think I would run it on anything less than 4'

This thing looks very cool. Do you have to drop your water level alot on the tank to get the right wave motion? How much room does it take up in the tank? Can you kind of hide it in the back behind the rock?

Thanks for sharing.

I would say as long as you have an inch between the top of your tank and the water level you should not have to drop your water level, keep in mind when I say a one inch wave that is actually a 1/2 inch up and 1/2 down from the normal water level. It is not the prettiest edition to your tank but the effects are quite stunning it is about a 4" x 4"x 15" box and it should be located on the long axis of the tank with the least amount of obstructions. Also keep in mind that Tunze projects a 15% to 20% less lifespan of an aquarium with the use of this, and older aquariums that are not constructed well, and also bowfront aquariums are not reccommend do to the added stress. Of course there are mixed opinions on this though.

Back