Rimless Biocube thoughts

LaxFrags

Hey everyone, I already talked to BiggiePauls33 about not taking the rim off my Biocube, which I completely agree as the risk outweighs the nice look of a rimless tank... Just curious if anyone had any ideas to make it look good still, as when you take the top off the rim makes my tank looks unclean with all the nooks and crannies in it. Could I file those down or something? Has anyone else run into this dillema (not what you’d call it but can’t think of a better word lol) thanks everyone for your time!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 224
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    143 KB · Views: 205
I think I’d take the extra maintenance to be able to grow sps though, plus I’d like to have the shimmer on the bottom of my tank lol. Probably just being subborn :p

Someone gave me a biocube awhile ago after they took off the rim. It looks nicer but the glass was really thin. I wouldn't trust it. I ended up giving it to another person to keep guppies in it. Sometimes I see used RedSea Reefer 170 for sale for about 500-600. Those are very nice rimless tank with a sump as well. That much water volume would be more stable for sps and it has a sump as well.

Thanks! Haha don’t know if my parents would allow for another tank, but if so would I be able to move all my filtration to that tank and call it a day? Move my live rock, water, filtration and fish into the new tank, then put my light on that?

Red Sea does make a 21g nano reefer both all in one version and with a sump. I currently have a reefer(sump) and it’s a great little tank. 18x18x18 I believe the dimensions are.
CC113A90-15E2-4197-AD4D-D5F1FE248377.jpeg

Old Pic for reference of it.

Definitely be interested in that but I don't have that kind of money right now, unfortunately. Any cheaper rimless tank AIO anyone can think of? Preferably under $200? Then I could just move everything from my tank into that one.

I agree with what others have said and I'd just get a rimless cube. You can get a 20'ish gallon cube for under $300 brand new usually with low iron glass. Get one of the small ghost overflows and you have yourself an easy cube with a sump!

I agree with what others have said and I'd just get a rimless cube. You can get a 20'ish gallon cube for under $300 brand new usually with low iron glass. Get one of the small ghost overflows and you have yourself an easy cube with a sump!
I’ll try and do that, maybe ask for the new tank for Xmas. Thanks everybody!

Back