Rimless

WoodRiverTroutBum

Non-member
Anyone notice the rimless tanks showing up at Petcos and Petsmarts? I have seen 20H and 25 cubes and the silicone on the ones I have seen looks worse than the ones on the standard tanks I have kicking around. That is all I needed to see to decide to pop the rim off a 20L.

Petco and Petsmart are now selling rimless tanks but the silicone is as crappy as it is on the standard Aqueon tanks. Glass is the same thickness as on a standard 20 gallon as well.

If they are selling these, it removes any doubt about taking the plastic rim off of a 20 gallon long tank.

Petco and Petsmart are now selling rimless tanks but the silicone is as crappy as it is on the standard Aqueon tanks. Glass is the same thickness as on a standard 20 gallon as well.

If they are selling these, it removes any doubt about taking the plastic rim off of a 20 gallon long tank.

oh ok i understand now, yah just be careful ive seen some people break tanks taking off the plastic rims.. And your probably going to want to sand/polish the edges of the glass after.

Well that did not help
Rhode island is a state. Which particular petco (looking for the city) is selling rhe 20g rimess?

Thanks

Can't really help you much more than that lol. It was either Warwick, Cranston or Providence. May have been the Warwick petsmart but I don't think so.

20120623_191926.jpg20120623_192016.jpg20120623_192028.jpg

I believe the rims are more for ease of assembly in a production type Setup
I have two 75 rimless Sumps I made 10 plus years ago and many Smaller Homemade tanks
used Blue tape applied Silicon twice Once on edges, then ran another bead once all sides are standing-

Never really focused on neatness but have never had a failure

Back