RIP 12y/o clown

joe0813

BRS Member
Well got unfortunate news today, my wife called me at work to tell me my 12 year old clown passed away. This fish has gone through the gauntlet with me. Got her back in 2011 when I first started the hobby. So she unfortunately went through all my beginner mistakes. She's gone through my 75 gallon deep blue tank leaking from the bottom seam, which dumped in 7 gallons of freshwater, at least 4 ich outbreaks which I needed to treat and 4 different moves.
Worst part is, you tell people you work with that your 12 year old fish died and they go "it's just a fish." well to us fish keepers they aren't, she would lay in the palm of my hand almost every day, come up to me when I got home from work and eat from my fingers. Oh and bite me and make me bleed when she had eggs but we will forget that. RIP Fishy

Well got unfortunate news today, my wife called me at work to tell me my 12 year old clown passed away. This fish has gone through the gauntlet with me. Got her back in 2011 when I first started the hobby. So she unfortunately went through all my beginner mistakes. She's gone through my 75 gallon deep blue tank leaking from the bottom seam, which dumped in 7 gallons of freshwater, at least 4 ich outbreaks which I needed to treat and 4 different moves.
Worst part is, you tell people you work with that your 12 year old fish died and they go "it's just a fish." well to us fish keepers they aren't, she would lay in the palm of my hand almost every day, come up to me when I got home from work and eat from my fingers. Oh and bite me and make me bleed when she had eggs but we will forget that. RIP Fishy
She had a good run with a great owner…you don’t hear much about fish that age…..

Back