RO/DI Question

ReeferMedic

Non-member
I am using my new RO/DI unit for the first time and it seems like I'm getting way too much waste water and way too little clean water. It took about 2 1/2-3 hours to fill a 5 gallon bucket! I have a 4 stage Barracuda 100 gpd unit and it's not putting out nearly that much. My tds is reading 80 give or take a point or two going in and 0 going out so that's all fine and dandy. Is there a way to adjust these things or are they just that slow?

That doesn't sound too slow... remember that membrane ratings are highly dependent on water temperature (I think they're measured at 75F), and the water is still pretty cold.

Nuno

There is also the issue of water preasure. Some people need a booster pump because the water preasure in the house is not strong enough. I can't comment on whether that is slow or not. My system has a drinking water storage tank so when I want to fill up a 5 gallon bucket for my fish tank most of the water comes from the tank and it only takes about 15mins to fill a bucket.

Last edited:
That sounds like a normal production rate. That's why I have my unit plumbed to a 20g rubbermaid bin with a float valve. So if I want to fill a 5g bucket for a water change I just open a valve, and out dumps 5g. I would definitely recommend this sort of thing if you've got the space.

Sounds like you have the sam unit as I. One thing the company told me was to use warm water, about 80 degrees. That they said may increase your ratio. This is my unit.
Good Luck!

Attachments

• Tank 3-28-05 012.jpg
    Tank 3-28-05 012.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 160
Back