RO/DI units...need help understanding and deciding

HaymannNH

Non-member
I have been throwing the idea around about buying a RO/DI unit but I guess I am a little confused.
WHen you use one of these units is it installed on your aquaium to constantly filter the aquarium water or is it only hooked up to the water line which you use to mix your water for your aquarium?:confused:
Also,I have a 55 gallon reef but will be upgrading in the next year to a 125 that my brother in law is giving to me.
What do I want to get and where is a good place to buy one with good prices?
Any feed back would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Don Haymann

A RO/DI unit is used to filter supply water for either FW top off or for mixing sea water from. It just gives you a clean base to start with.

Although all I have is a nano reef I have a 65g FW tank and am in the middle of building a 46g reef system so I bought a RO/DI system a few months ago. I bought the Compact Reefkeeper from www.airwaterice.com Very reasonable prices and great customer service. I've read that others have and like very much the Typhon III system they sell as well.

I'll second the Air Water and Ice recommendation. Good company to deal with.
They also have a pretty decent FAQ section on their web site.

AirWaterandice.com I bought mine there and it came with a tds meter.

My Rodi unit is hooked up downstairs away from my tank.... down in my basement. I have it hooked up to my water pipe that goes to the outside spicket. Simple hook up, easier than I thought. My unit costed 139.00.

Back