ro/di water pressure...is there such a thing as too much?

dedfish

That's Mr.Murphy to you!
I have extremely high water pressure in my apartment. Can you have too much water pressure entering a ro/di setup or is that what the flow restrictor takes care of?

how high is it? I had one running at ~100PSI at my house for over a year, now down to about 75PSI.

No issues with my water general unit

not sure exactly how high...wide open it pegs my 100psi gauge. My gauge is hooked up between the feed from the sink and the input to the unit.

PG should be inline between the carbon & the membrane...(by cutting the yellow line pre ro & post carbon & placing a T ) then connect the gauge to one port off the T. This will give you an accurate reading.....This is used to maintain correct pressure to the membrane.....Which can lower due to a clogged carbon or pre carbon filter....

HTH,
B

PG should be inline between the carbon & the membrane...(by cutting the yellow line pre ro & post carbon & placing a T ) then connect the gauge to one port off the T. This will give you an accurate reading.....This is used to maintain correct pressure to the membrane.....Which can lower due to a clogged carbon or pre carbon filter....

HTH,
B

Mine came with a warning to only have a certain amount of pressure , I think it was no more than 75gph.... so I ended up buying a regulator... my water pressure was around the 97 mark...

Mine came with a warning to only have a certain amount of pressure , I think it was no more than 75gph.... so I ended up buying a regulator... my water pressure was around the 97 mark...

Yes Mike, Pressure should not exceed 80-85 psi. (not gph...BTW..:))Above that there is a chance of damaging the membrane. You know warnings are always on the low end. (hence the 75 psi for a max)
What did you dial your down to?

Yes Mike, Pressure should not exceed 80-85 psi. (not gph...BTW..:))Above that there is a chance of damaging the membrane. You know warnings are always on the low end. (hence the 75 psi for a max)
What did you dial your down to?

I meant psi...:p I dialed it down to 75.

hmm...other than turning the feed valve down a bit is there another way to regulate the pressure. What this about a regulator? When I simply try and adjust the feed valve it kinda creates a hissing noise.

hmm...other than turning the feed valve down a bit is there another way to regulate the pressure. What this about a regulator? When I simply try and adjust the feed valve it kinda creates a hissing noise.

'AirWaterIce' sells a regulator that you put on the line from the water pipe to the RODI.... and you can (with a screwdriver) dial it down or up to put it at the right PSI.... That's what I have on mine at the moment.

Cant you just cut back the ball valve on the feedline? Provided you have one soldered into your house plumbing?

Back