Rock work

Budget_Reef

Non-member
I am switching to a waterbox 25 peninsula from my 30 gal and just want to get some feedback or ideas for rock work and design. In my previous tank I had all arches and realized this wasnt very good for coral space or flow. I was also wondering what sand I should use in term of grain size. Right now I have the fiji sand which is small and blows around easily but I'm scared that if I get a larger grain size my yellow coris wrasse might not be able to dive in it at night. So far for rock work I have had 3 ideas
1. Having a huge island in the center with all sides varying is size and shape (not touching the back)
2. Plan 2 is having many islands that grow bigger and bigger the closer you get to the overflow
And so far my third idea is a mixture of both, if you have any ideas I am very open to changing cause I want to satisfying clean looking tank with good flow abilities and not to many shaded areas and a large amount of area for coral and my 2 anenomes

I am starting a new 25 peninsula Waterbox too and am wondering the same thing. I’ve been out of the hobby a couple years and am diving back in. I’m starting from scratch and curing some dry rock now. I considered one giant piece in the middle, but thought it’d interrupt the flow too much. But I’ll admit, I’m not an expert here. Without coming close the the sides, we’ve got only about 21” by 14” by 14” to work with.

I am switching to a waterbox 25 peninsula......
2. Plan 2 is having many islands that grow bigger and bigger the closer you get to the overflow

How big is this 25 peninsula to have "many islands " lol.
I use a mixture of grain size from 0.25mm to 2mm. At first, there will be some blowing around. After a couple months, with good movement in the sand using conches and nassarius snails, the small grain will sink to the bottom. Bacterias will also colonize on the sand making it a little harder to be blown around.

Well the many islands would be mabye 3 big islands made up of like 2 rocks each probably getting bigger and each would have a different mixture of coral

I am switching to a waterbox 25 peninsula from my 30 gal and just want to get some feedback or ideas for rock work and design. In my previous tank I had all arches and realized this wasnt very good for coral space or flow. I was also wondering what sand I should use in term of grain size. Right now I have the fiji sand which is small and blows around easily but I'm scared that if I get a larger grain size my yellow coris wrasse might not be able to dive in it at night. So far for rock work I have had 3 ideas
1. Having a huge island in the center with all sides varying is size and shape (not touching the back)
And so far my third idea is a mixture of both, if you have any ideas I am very open to changing cause I want to satisfying clean looking tank with good flow abilities and not to many shaded areas and a large amount of area for coral and my 2 anenomes
What glue or epoxy do you use under water?

did you ever get this set up? what filtration are you using? did you add a skimmer? I'd like to do one but have been afraid of the small water volume and maintaining it well enough to put anything in it.

did you ever get this set up? what filtration are you using? did you add a skimmer? I'd like to do one but have been afraid of the small water volume and maintaining it well enough to put anything in it.
Yea he got the peninsula and it looks good.

Yes I got the skimmer I gotta change it once a day didn’t realize how dirty my tank was! Thank you

Back