RODI faucet adaptors,Waste water,directly to cold line Help....

buffalobill

Non-member
First off the RODI faucet adaptor. The faucet adaptor I got from water and ice has a white insert piece that I keep stripping the threads on it causing water leak out the sides. Now my faucet has a washer already so should be using the one that came with the unit. I think I'm stripping it by using to washers when only one needed. Any help would be great...

Second question. Waste water from RODI. Can I use it for filling up my washer machine. Last time I did this the clothes had a musty smell and my wife kept complaining. Was it just a bad load or do people really use the waste water for stuff like laundry?

Third and last question.. If I do decide to hook up RODI unit straight to the coldline with Ice maker adaptor? Not sure how it works. I don't know how I can wash dishes without the RODI unit being used or vice versa.

Still learning so anyone can I help I would appreciate.

First off the RODI faucet adaptor. The faucet adaptor I got from water and ice has a white insert piece that I keep stripping the threads on it causing water leak out the sides. Now my faucet has a washer already so should be using the one that came with the unit. I think I'm stripping it by using to washers when only one needed. Any help would be great...

Second question. Waste water from RODI. Can I use it for filling up my washer machine. Last time I did this the clothes had a musty smell and my wife kept complaining. Was it just a bad load or do people really use the waste water for stuff like laundry?

Third and last question.. If I do decide to hook up RODI unit straight to the coldline with Ice maker adaptor? Not sure how it works. I don't know how I can wash dishes without the RODI unit being used or vice versa.

Still learning so anyone can I help I would appreciate.

2) i use my waste water as washing machine water and have not had any issues with smell etc.

cant speak to 1 and 3 though. i hate to waste things so i try to save as much waste water as possible. water the plants in the summer, drinking water year around and washing machine of course.

let me answer the best I can,

1> I'm guessing you're referring to the ultra common nylon threaded adaptor (not positive just a guess). In my aquarium days, I went through a few of these connecting these to a metal faucet is extremely easy to cross thread and viola. It's more common than it should be and I've never found them to seal fantastic after some use and pressure. as far as the washer one will probably do it. no particular benefit from more.

3> There's a lot you can do once you've got a filter in. I have mine Teed twice.
The RO goes to a carbon filter then spigot in my faucet, the other T goes to a DI. The DI goes to an auto topoff or spigot.

The last one I set up was for a friend was beneath his sink and supplies a sink spigot and refrigerator(ice and water).

For supply, I use my basement (washer hose fitting) and T off that for the supply (with an adaptor). For my friends I got a metal T for beneath his sink. So yes you can hook up the RO right to the fridge. most of the time it's the same hose (1/4 OD/ x 1/8 ID). I would consider getting some pressure storage if you plan on using your RO for your fridge. It's not required but without it, filling a glass of water or ice tray may take a while. There may also be some benefit to the RO system as well (not sure about that though).

I had the same problem with the plastic adapter. Home depot sells a metal version of the same adapter for like $4. Well worth the investment.

Jason

If you use a piercing saddle valve (which I think is what you mean by an ice-maker adaptor), it doesn't interfere at all with the use of your faucet. Just shut off the supply to the water maker (using an inline valve in the feed line) if you don't want to make water. Turn on your sink the way you always would if you want to use that. They're completely independent and compatible.

Back