RODI Water Question

HERPER

Non-member
How long can I keep a batch of fresh (or salt) RODI water before it has problems?

Back story: I live in a small apartment, in order to make new water I need to take the rodi system out from storage, hookup to my sink/ begin filtering, remove and store. then I can mix the salt in etc.

I currently make 5 gallons at a time and it is a real process to go through the whole deal. I was wondering if I made a 5 extra gallons after, treat it (or not?) add salt (or not?) and seal it up with an O-Ring cover in order to reduce the times i need to take over the kitchen [wife will eventually kill me]. Could I hold the water for any period of time? or will it spoil or go bad?

Thanks

I have two 32 gallon barrels to store RO and salter water for top off and water changes.
Both are connected to a pump so I can mix up the water. I wouldn't keep the water stagnant for long periods of time., but if you're only making 10G you'll probably use it up in a month or so.

Oh yea, I'm talking a week to a month tops. Do I need to keep the water pumping? or could I seal it up for a week or two with no worries?

It is very important that the container do not leach...whatever.

I have the Gray Rubbermaid Brutes (they are food grade) and I have measured the TSD after 15 days and still is 0.

I belive any food grade container will provide those results.

My RODI stays stagnant for a week (32 G) but the Salt Water is heated, aireated (air pump) and circulated with a 900 Gph pump. I keep it in that way for a week. But Reefers that do continues WC keep it also longer. It is because I use ~ 25-30 G /week.

Have you ever thought about don't know what to call it but it's a connection that goes on your sink and can divert water to your rodi or can just use as a normal sink when not diverting water. I love in a small apartment in city as well. I keep my rodi under sink and just pop on sink when necessary but have thought about using this fitting.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

I do that (more or less) except i unscrew the aerator and screw on the convertor. The main issue would be permanently arranging it and the wife not disassembling my tank while i slept.

She is a pastry chef, and her kitchen is mucho important. I would have to be very sneaky with the piping.

You should be able to store straight RODI for any reasonable time frame. Filtered sealed water in a food grade container is going to stay filtered and pure. For example, those 5g water gallon jugs in grocery stores that may wait a bit before being purchased and ultimately used.

Back