Rose Bubble Tip

jcherepo

BRS Member
Hi - My RBTA of 4 months has now split 5 times and they are starting to affect some of my frags. I haven’t been successful in removing any by either scraping them off of the rocks or directing a powerhead at them. They wedge themselves in pretty well. If anyone has any suggestions, they are welcome to keeping one or two of them.
Thanks,
Joe
38ba354bc57418ecea61827a30d9e2a1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you can get the rock into a bucket of fresh (RO/DI) water, they'll release themselves or make the easier to remove. Not too sure on how long they should be in there though.

Take a cube of ice and rub it around the base of the anemone. It should begin to release immediately so you can easily pull it right off. You can also use and old credit card to help wedge between the rock and the foot.

Dong takes a chisel to the rock and gives you whatever piece it is still stuck to.

that’s what I had to do to get them out. they were footed deep in the rock. had to get them out due to stinging my sps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I have spent a loooong time tickling anemone feet. Even the deepest ones will let go eventually. It just doesn't seem that way as your hand cramps and your neck stiffens from tickling for a half an hour straight.

Back