rose bubble with echo tech

rnyce

Non-member
Hi Guys,
looking for some advise. I have not been able to keep rose bubbles in my tank with the radions? Has anyone had any luck with this? Everything else thrives, corals sps, lps fish.
tank is very stable.
Just not rose bubbles.
they shrival over time and they dont die but they stay in this tiny shriveled up almost bleached state.

bleached usually means too much light. How big is your tank + how many fixtures? And what intensity are you running your lamps at? Also where is the anemone placed (top/middle/bottom)?

very high direct flow can also cause the btas to not want to open ... what are you using for your flow?

Thanks,

- Archit

When I added my green bubble tip, I just did a 1 week coral acclimation 10% reduction. The anemone still shriveled and went under a rock for about a week. Now he looks amazing. I have my Vegas at only 48%. My lights are also relatively high at around 12" off the waterline.

its a 110 running three radions at about 55 %. It is usuing one of there pre sets for more color and less growth. Modified only a little, i really do not like to play with the lights. Prior to getting the rba i used to run them at about 60% with a lot more 12k and 14k for coral growth. I do not care for growth that much anymore as long as the tank looks good.
I always placed the rba near bottom of tank but they walk all over the place. They always end up close to the top of the tank.
This has happened with two rba's.

if it were me I would just do a small reduction on the lighting for about a week. My controller has a great coral acclimation mode. Not sure on the radions. When your buying them, what sort of lighting is on there tanks?

i have not purchased yet, i am hestitant as i do not want to kill it.
I was hoping i could some more feed back or see if any one has luck keeping them under the radions.

RBTA love to have its base near sand bed, then extend the body upward toward the light. I have rescued a couple of bleach rbta by feeding them with mysis. Do not force the food however, just bit and piece per day.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

I have 4 rose bubble anemones in my tank. Two of them like being at the top of the tank, one in the middle back and the other one all the way at the bottom on the sand. They are all thriving with big bubble tips and getting really big. I use a radion with an intensity of 80% at it's peak

I always placed the rba near bottom of tank but they walk all over the place. They always end up close to the top of the tank.
This has happened with two rba's.

This is telling you something. It needs more light.
I have two BTAs,one rbta and a pink tipped green and they love halide lighting.
Intense lighting is what BTAs need.

Btas love light however led light (especially from fixtures with lens) can be harmful to them if exposed right away. You need to slowly acclimate them. Just like corals, ime, btas will turn brown of there's not enough light, and start bleaching if hit with very strong light without proper acclimatization (ask me how I know..).

The fact that the bta moved up might not necessarily mean that it's looking for light -- it could be looking for preferred flow area, or even an area where it feels secure. Btas can extend a ridiculous amount, so again, ime, they move until they find a place where they feel comfortable, and if there's not enough light, they extend out to get it.

Sometimes you'll even have btas that move to a certain spot during the day, and then back to their hiding spot during the night.

Btas are very hardy in general however I have had a few where they just melted away for no apparent reason. I'm assuming this was probably because of rough collecting method or stress from shipment.

After the light, I would look at flow and fluctuations in your water parameters as possible causes. The fact that he's bleaching is more than likely attributed to shock of leds though.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Back