• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

scavdog

Staff member
Officer
BRS Member
What?: The Boston Reefers Society Store/Sponsor tour 2005

When?: Saturday May 21st 2005

Where?: Starting at Aqua Addicts in Salem NH we will head south ,visiting 6 stores and will end the day at Fishy Business in Chatham MA.

The tentative agenda:

9:00 AM - 10:00 AM = Aqua Addicts
10:00 AM - 10:40 AM = travel to Sea CreaturesRevere/Lynn
10:40 AM - 11:40 AM= Sea Creatures (Revere)
11:40 AM - 12:00 AM= travel to Skiptons (New Market district, Boston)
12:00 PM - 1:00 PM = Skiptons
1:00 PM - 2:20 PM = travel to Sea Creatures (Providence)
2:20 PM - 3:20 PM = Sea Creatures
3:20 PM - 4:20 PM= Travel to Coral Reef Aquarium (Seekonk)
4:30 PM - 5:30 PM = Coral Reef Aquarium
5:30 PM - 6:30 PM = Travel to Fishy Business (Chatham)
6:30 PM - 7:30 PM = Fishy Business

Stores will be offering refreshments as well as specials. Store tours have been a lot of fun in the past. This is one event that should not be missed!

PLEASE RSVP (IE: check yes, no or maybe) so that we can get an accurate head count so that the stores can accomodate accordingly.

THANKS!

Last edited:
can you link us to the RSVP? I just looked at the main page and could not find it :(

this is the RSVP :) . We will be using polls from now on in regards to the RSVP feature until we have a more proven method in place.

Last edited:
Cheryl and I, we are going from the beginning to the end, I have a extend cab were some one can sit in comfortable. If someone want to ride with use, usually Cheryl will sit back cause she small. Sorry honey. :D

I'd really like to go to see some more of these stores and meet more folks. I may do a one-way trip though, continuing on from Fishy Business to Eastham and staying the night there.

--cn

do you have to be a member of the BRS? i would like to go. i've met a few brs people when i was at the fish goo meet dawn had.

I submitted a maybe as I will at best be able to join the 2nd half of the tour. No intended disrespect to our sponsors, but I've never really been north of Boston and I'm afraid I'd get lost and my new corals would perish. :)

crzy4reefs said:
do you have to be a member of the BRS? i would like to go. i've met a few brs people when i was at the fish goo meet dawn had.
Nope, you don't have to be a member.

One of us can always run back to DD if we run out of coffee and donuts if you're worried about getting too much or too little. It's not like it is a long drive.

Don't forget to bring a cooler on the LFS tour.
Gotta keep those purchases close to 78 degrees on a long, long haul.

Moe_K said:
Don't forget to bring a cooler on the LFS tour.

Before you leave home, you may also want to put a plastic bag full of really hot water inside the cooler, to help keep the temperature up... then when you put some livestock inside the cooler you can either remove the water bag if it's too hot, or wrap it in several layers of newspaper (to prevent overheating the livestock bags) and leave it in there. It's a poor man's heat pack ;)

Nuno

I believe this is the new schedule:

9:00 AM - 10:20 AM = Aqua Addicts
10:20 AM - 11:00 AM = travel to Sea CreaturesRevere/Lynn
11:00 AM - 12:00 AM= Sea Creatures (Revere)
12:00 AM - 12:20 AM= travel to Skiptons (New Market district, Boston)
12:20 PM - 1:20 PM = Skiptons
1:20 PM - 2:40 PM = travel to Sea Creatures (Providence)
2:40 PM - 3:40 PM = Sea Creatures
3:40 PM - 4:40 PM= Travel to Coral Reef Aquarium (Seekonk)
4:40 PM - 5:40 PM = Coral Reef Aquarium
5:40 PM - 6:40 PM = Travel to Fishy Business (Chatham)
6:40 PM - 7:40 PM = Fishy Business

Is this right?

That looks right to me, Armando, though it may take longer to get out to Fishy Business from CRA.

Back