Rumford Pet Center - East Prov. RI

Nikkoli110

Non-member
Rumford Pet Center in East Providence, RI was where I saw my first reef tank, and they've been my favorite lfs store since then. They have a nice saltwater section, with a beautiful display tank. They have 4 separate 75? (maybe bigger) gal tanks with corals and clams. They also have a nice healthy selection of fish, inverts, and live rock. They have a good selection of tanks, equipment, and dry goods. The staff is very helpful and very knowledgeable. Its definatly worth a trip. :)

It is a very nice store , I did have a bad experience, I wanted a couple perc clowns, The girl started with the 20 questions (Tank size, filter, skimmer etc.)and I just didn't want to hear it, She said she would have to put "no guarantee" on the bag because the fish would die. So I asked for her boss after a bit of talking he changed it, The fish stood with me until I sold the set-up 6 months later.
I been up their a few times and only once had a problem once. I know looking back she was just trying to be helpful but I should feel interrogated just to buy some fish.

No Vendor posts in Vendor Experiences forum please, (except in threads about your own store).
Thanks. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I stopped in once a few years ago, IMO the place didn't seem worth the 10 min delay in getting to CRA. Maybe it's improved? (or improved then declined again?)

I have never bought anything saltwater related there. I think they have one of the "nicest" planted tank displays in RI. They just seem to be a little pricey

Back