Salifert alkalinity test kit

Marcus130571

BRS Member
Just curious if anyone has ever used them recently. They have always been my go to test kits. So I just ordered a new one to replace my old one since it's getting low. I tried it out today and was shocked to see I got a different result. So I tried and used what was left of the old one and it read the usual results. Just didn't know if this has happened to others.

That’s what I use, is your old kit expired? How different were the results? Did you test around the same time?

Some people like the hanna checkers as it gives you a digital readout rather than doing the color change.

Old kit was expired. Both are good til 2027. Yes hey were I usually run mine around 10.5. The new one claimed 8.9. That's a big difference

Gotcha any other local reefers near you or a good lfs that can test a sample to see which is correct or order another kit idk like you said that’s a big difference. I just replaced a kit maybe a couple weeks ago but my values stayed the same between kits.

Yeah was going to wait til my local guy opens up and bring some to him. Honestly think it's a bad kit. I say that because as a last resort I use the sticks and even that is showing higher than the new one.

Sounds like it unfortunately. Let me know your findings

I haven’t used this kit recently but it’s not uncommon for results to drift a bit as reagents get low

Back