Sally light foot reef safe??

Sdeluca10

BRS Member
In hindsight it probably wasn’t my most well thought out purchase. I referring to a sally light foot crab that i purchased. Recently I found my red linkia star fish making its way down the bottle of the glass. Last night after the lights were out I noticed the sally right near it and nearly climbing on it. After work today I came home and noticed the star bottom side up but in a ball. Granted at this time the crab wasn’t near it but I question if the grab had something to do with its distress. I picked it up and moved it to a different area, it was still rigid so I don’t think all hope is lost for it, however I do have a feeling it’s not gonna recover.

Note, I have noticed any differences in my parameters.
Ph 8.2
Alk 11.4
Cal 485
Nitrite 0
Ammonia 0
Nitrate 22
Those are the only parameters that I am able to test at the moment.

I also want to note that out of nowhere, “overnight” couple days ago, I noticed serious distress on my meteor shower coral and one of my gonis.
My anenomes, bubble coral, zoas, hammer, feather duster, Duncan’s, all see to be doing just fine, as well as no obvious distress to the fish.
Any thoughts??

As strange as this sounds, I’ll also note that I recently started using RO water for the fish time, Ever. I bought a 6 stage system, replaced all the filters, got a good grade barrel to hold water and it was only within the last 2 weeks I started using that water. Now I’m seeing problems I’ve never had before.

Last edited:
Back