sand cloud!!! reply fast

eSoteric

less fish = more corals
MY sand bed was far to shallow, i got a 20lb bag of aragonite tonight and i did rinsie it but it still clouded my tank, my mangnum is on lo0an to someone else. i have live rock and skimmer is running, will this cloud become a cliud of deaht or will it be ok? please reply quickly!

I wouldn't worry to much I have seen a lot go thru some pretty bad sand storm's. It is also better that it is new sand...

and it is! haha...but the horseshoe crab seems pissed! and i think i buried a stray mushroom! think it will surface?

why would it starve???? ive had him for 8 months and he is 3 times the size as when i got him?

I read a thread a while back on animals that shouldn't be sold to this hobby: Sharks and their eggs, Gnomipora (SP?), horseshoe crabs, and others. I wish I had the thread for you but the gist of it was that the horseshoes get too big too fast, strip the sand bed faster than it can re-establish, and eventually die a slow death from starvation. Same with Cukes. Maybe, no almost definatly, I read it in Bob Fenner's book on Inverts last year or in his (Found it, page 380 of his "Cosciencious Marine Aquarist")

Sorry if I sounded trite. The original flip comment comes from a member with an out of control Xenia problem :) Kevin

Back