Scott Merrill can you drill tanks in place?

One Eye

former vp of pr
Scott, can YOU drill 4 tanks while they are in place? I'm asking if you, Scott Merrill, the man, the legend, the one and only, the mythical, godlike, persona speak loudly can handle such a job?

Darren I wouldnt chance it for anybody this is why I am now emptying my 120 you take the chance of a crack with any tank now imagine if you have any water or animals in the tank when this happens ....URGGHHHH

yes,
i'd suggest using a brand new bit because drilling without fluid is going to destroy it.

Just have someone sit with a spray bottle and spray the sh** out of it while you are drilling

Ray said:
Just have someone sit with a spray bottle and spray the sh** out of it while you are drilling

no doubt, but i would imagine the bit would only be good for a few holes ~5

Sounds dangerous. I have a few ideas on how to keep water moving across the surface, but they are kinda hard to explain. You could make a temporary trough attached to the glass below the hole and use a hose to run water across it. The trough would catch the water as it slides down the glass and direct the water to a waste container. Just a thought.

When can you make it? I'm about 20 minutes west of Manchester. It'd be a haul for you. 2 of the tanks are full, the other 2 are empty right now.

very nice! I am so sick of those external overflows! When we moved I built a custom stand. I built it with a 2x4 bottom, flipped the base over and nailed 1/2" plywood to the bottom of the base. Then I lined the inside with ice and water shield. So what I ended up with was a 3 1/2" tall 24" wide 96" long sink incase of overflows. I did the same basic thing for the top using 3/4 plywood and linoleum instead of ice and water shield. I let the 3/4 plywood top run out over the front of the stand framing a few inches to give me little extra room and framed a 2x4 rim around the top of the 3/4 so I get another "sink" incase of overflows and it hides the sand bed.

Ray said:
spray the sh** out of it

He said sh**!! Ha, ha, ha.... the censor didn't catch it! sh**, sh!***, sh** sh** sh**....shitarooskie.....shithead... Feels like sh**, it smells like sh**, it taste like sh**....must be sh**.....good thing you didn't step in it!

Scott, I'm going to pick up a new tank, a little larger and drill it before I fill it. The other 2 are empty now anyway. What bit are you using and where did you pick it up? I've looked at several different Home Depot's and other hardware stores, all I find are tile bits that don't look like they'll do the job.

Back