Serious Problems with MACNA???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Randy Holmes-Farley

BRS Member
I asked a serious question about MACNA room seating. And the thread was closed .

I expect an explanation.

When over 1000 people have registered, and 100 or less can attend each talk, that seems like a serious problem.

Do you organizers really think that 100 or less of the more than 1000 registrants will want to see any of the speakers?

Closing the thread without answering why is even more serious, IMO.
No private answer. No public answer. No email. No phone call.

Do you think you can squelch questions that way?

FWIW, I consider it close to false advertising that folks might pay to see speakers, and may well not be able to listen to them simply because the rooms are too small.

The thread was closed to prevent a personal battle between people who posted in the thread. I could see a train wreck in the making. It had nothing to do with you, Randy.

To all forum members: Please keep personal squabbles off the BRS board.

Relax about the numbers folks.
The 1000 registrants include the free exhibits only people. They cannot go to speaker sessions. It also includes 1-day only, and the various other registration options.

We know how many people can fit into the rooms.

Three talks at once. Take out exhibits-only people. Take out people who won't attend all three days. Take out people who registered but might not show...

I closed the thread. It's not to squelch questions. It was to prevent a train wreck.

Feel free to drop me an email or call me if anyone wants to discuss: 617-201-0703

I think this is more private message material. I tend to keep my pissed off rants out of other peoples back yards personally.

There will be some sessions that are standing room only (SRO), and there are some that will be hugely popular. For some sessions, more than 110 seats will be taken, and SRO will fill up too.
We always knew that more than 110 people would attend MACNA. More people attended last year then the session rooms could hold.
Attendees should plan in advance which sessions they want to see, and show up early. If a class fills up early, then people might have to attend one of the other concurrent sessions.

More people attended last year then the session rooms could hold.

Wouldn't that indicate that seating capacity is something to improve on?

I don't think the session rooms last year could seat 110 people + SRO, but I don't know because I was in the BRS booth. I think we did improve on last year's seating capacity.

There is capicity for as many as 500 attendees to be "in Session" at any time between the session rooms, work shops Etc. If everyone decides to see Randy Holmes that won't be possible so the first 110 die hard Randy Holmes fans should get on line a little early to be sure they'll get in. MACNA XVI is professionally managed down to the last detail. If anyone has any concerns at all call me directly 781 571 9155. The only serious problems with MACNA are people making presumptions, assumptions and giving creedence to rumor. As an intellegent person that was invited to speak at MACNA (which is considered an honor by some) beginning a thread on a public forum with "Serious MACNA Problems" is not the smartest thing to do without a clue as to what is actually going on. It does not help to serve the event that you have elected to participate in. In the beginning BRS was slammed pretty hard by many that we had overstated our abilities and overestimated our capicity. We were accused of being dilusional. Those folks can eat those words along with fish food provided by over 10 manufacturers and or distributors of that product alone. Now I guess the problem is were too successful? You give a great lecture and give people their monies worth and we'll take care of the rest and we'll all be fine.

It appears that you are upset at events in MACNA planning that I had nothing to do with. Please don't take those problems out on me.

Not a clue as to what is going on? Did I miss something in the official response to a that 110 seats be will be available. Did I presume that to be true when it wasn't? The only fact that I am addressing, besides the thread being closed after I asked a polite question, is how many seats are in each session.

Please don't make this personal about me. I don't make any claims about how many folks will attend my talk. I never said it would be a problem at my talk, although it might be. I am more concerned about the big names in the field speaking to a group smaller than would attend a regular BRS meeting.

That doesn't concern you? Well, it does concern them as I have talked to them.

I think we're done here.
If anyone wants to ask me questions, take it to PM or email.
My phone number is listed above.
THanks.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back