setting up dual reactor need a little help

clutchgeargasgo

Non-member
So i picked up a dual reactor and im kinda new to the hobby so what im wondering is how to plumb it into my sump so mine is set up like this left to right i have #1 chamber where the water comes in and my protein skimmer sits then chamber #2 i have a refugium and chamber #3 the return pump. So where will i pull water out and where should i have it go back in from the reactor. sorry if that was confusing. thanks evryone!!!!!

Do you plan on running a manifold off your return or a dedicated pump for the reactor? FWIW, I have manifolds on all my return pumps to feed reactors and refugium.

I run baffle-less sumps now but when I had different chambers, I when I first started I put it wherever space allowed, except for the refugium. IIRC, I put the pump in with the return pump. Not too sure if there's an ideal placement for running reactors.

Ya, I put my pump where I had room. For me its in my 2nd chamber and I return the water to the first chamber simply because I want the water to go through a filter sock again to catch any fines. Ideally you want to return the water after the intake otherwise you could end up processing a small percentage of the same water twice. I'd rather be slightly less efficient and have one less sock to deal with. Is it that big of a deal? I don't think so, but others may disagree.

...stupid auto correct

Ya that's what I ended up doing is having it pull from the end with return pump and return to first chamber. Im sure some gets put through twice but the return pump is much higher rate so I'm sure not to much goes twice.

Back