Sharks

Anyone keeping sharks? Let’s see pictures and setups if you are please?
We’ve got sharks @ All Things Aquatic. We keep them in an 1800 gallon pool. Come in and check them out. Depending on the size and species you can keep sharks in tanks from 125 gallons and up, but a 250 or bigger is definitely better if you don’t want to have to re-home in a couple years. If you are looking for a shark tank, we’ve got a 425 gallon acrylic for sale that would make a great shark tank.

That is the correct species for home aquarists. Unless you have a huge tank!!!
Nice setup that PuffDaddy created for the little guy. Amazing creature.

I used to have them in the store, banded bamboo are pretty common but the marble cat shark I believe stays the smallest of all of them , 24” I believe vs roughly 48” for the bamboo . I was just curiouS if anyone has systems set up at home in the group. I will not be doing that till I have a basement that can be converted to an aquarium lol

My buddies 8 foot reef tank that houses a big eel, puffer, marble cat shark and various other not reef safe fish.
IMG_20201025_174926.jpg

Here’s my 718 gallon predator tank when I first set it up. I’ve since removed most of the rock since I had a banded cat shark in here until he got too big and started eating my eels. He’s 3’ long now so I brought him to the shark pool at the store.

Attachments

• EEED0701-4503-4812-AA56-27258F0F5674.jpeg
    EEED0701-4503-4812-AA56-27258F0F5674.jpeg
    144.8 KB · Views: 184
It’s an electric but we disconnected the heater element. It’s just for looks since I removed the fireplace to put the tank in, which my wife wasn’t so keen on, lol

Here’s my 718 gallon predator tank when I first set it up. I’ve since removed most of the rock since I had a banded cat shark in here until he got too big and started eating my eels. He’s 3’ long now so I brought him to the shark pool at the store.
How long is that tank?

Back