sharks

Iv had 2 bamboo's , Marble , Horn. Good choice with the coral as the fact they don't get too big. Have any questions I'll be more then happy to answer em for ya , Usta be into Cat sharks.

320 68"x48"x24"tall

if you read up enough on bamboos they require at least 500 gals to be comfortable

Ditto on sharkraycentral; although there isn't much activity on the forum. Check Tropicorium; they have captive bred pups occaisionally. You may consider an epaulette as well...they get a bit bigger but don't require the space that a coral cat does as they 'walk' as opposed to swim.

Talking about a pelagic shark? I wouldn't ever recommend it unless you have deep pockets.

now thats a real shark

yea i wish maybe in my next life ill turn the basement into an indoor tank lol

i have been doing a lot of research and i can keep both the coral cat and the marbled cat in a 320 comfortable for life .:D:D

Your could def do both...although I always recomend the common eppie as the best aquarium shark.

Edit: oops...I already suggested that...didn't mean to harp.

My arguement has always been that coral cats need more room than larger epaulettes. Coral cats actually swim about, almost like pelaegic species...during the day they stay hidden in the rock work but at night, they glide around the tank in search of food.

The space you have now is great in my opinion (others will disagree); just make sure you go overkill on the filtration (huge skimmer and UV sterilizer, big sump and trickle filter), and keep rockwork limited to decent hides; ensure there are clear glide paths across the length of the tank.

If you are still concerned about size you couldo with a papauan epaulette, h. hallstromi. They max out at around 27". The drawback is they seem to remain hidden most of the time...mine only comes out of the rockwork during feeding, and late at night.

If you want to see a grown eppie, swing up to jay's...he has an adult female in the 300 gallon register tank.

yea i will have a huge skimmer, uv and a sump with some rubble. the tank will be open for the most part other than a center overflow and a cave for the sharks they will have all 4 sides to swim thanks for the help

do you still have your eppi ?

Last edited:
Psyched to see some pics when you get it up and running!

I do still have my eppie; looking for a couple other rarities as well.

Back