Shed some light for me on LED"s

szambodi

BRS Member
Hello, I am ready to buy LED lighting for my 155 gallon tank. I truly have no idea what is best. I have around $2,000 to spend and wish to get as much for my money as I can. Looking for advice on people who know or have them. I plan on having SPS and Clams so the light would need to be strong enough for that.
I thank you for all the help you can give. Mike

Hi, I am building a set for my bow 72. I am planning on using 96. Half blue, half white.
I am engineer and design with CREEs at work. CREE is the best out there. I am using
XP-G's for the white and royal blues for the actinic. I bought mine from Rapidled.com because they have drilled heatsinks as well as good kit prices. I didn't want to glue
the leds down. I am planning to design my own controller. I would think you would need
at least 192 even with the brighter XP-G's. www.reefledlights.com/how-to-diy-led is another good place to learn and buy. Good Luck, Larry
Back to the Pats!!!!

Thank you but I am not sure I would be able to do something like that my self. I would love to see it though when you are finished.
The Pats destroyed them tonight....

as far as commercial fixtures they are one of the top end..acan lighting is supposedly also decent

Thank you, I have been doing some research on the AI Unit. I have seen some nice video on youtube and it appears that I might choose this type of light. Does Anyone have an idea of cost to run these lights Also how many will I need for a 155 gallon bow front? Thank you

Mike, to answer your questions I will try my best. As for cost I am assuming you mean what you need and savings you will get and being green. Is it a bow 155 6' tank? You can get away running 3 modules to start as long as you can hang them high. You can also add more as needed in the future. There is no bulb replacing I changed my bulbs every 6 to 8 months so I can see that savings in my part and less work. My lights all on run about 1.8 amps electric savings. Let's see the look and the possibilities are endless. Cloudy day, thunderstorms, 29 day lunar cycle should I go on. Ok here goes I have the lights if you want to check them out before you buy them PM me and i'll be happy to show you if you have any other questions about how powerful they are let's say had to turn them down starting to cook some corals. My highest settings are whites 30% blues 50% royal blues 55% and might need to turn them down again.

Back