Should i remove

spaceship

Non-member
i think its a slug? i dont know what it is.... plesae help should i remove? its on the glass and thorny maby nudibranch i dont want it to be posionios

Attachments

• Slug.jpg
    Slug.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 244
  • slug 2.jpg
    slug 2.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 226
Last edited:
Nudibranch, and, IME, it looks like the type that eats Montipora's. I think the zoanthid eating nudi is darker. Try to look for more and see if you can find any grouping of other individuals. If there's more you may be able to find their host coral and dip accordingly. I'd remove them anyway.
This site may help, but try searching(here or on the web) for zoanthid or montipora eating nudibranch for starters...
http://www.nudipixel.net/genus/

Not ruling it out, but it looks a little big to be a Monti Eating Nudi. That looks to be a Berghia sized nudi.

how did you get beghia in your tank? generally, they need to be added and kept fed....

how do i have a mandrin that loves brine and mysis? prob some live rock i never rinsed... are they expensive or hard tio keep... my biggest qustion they poisionious

Bergia's only feed on Aptasia's and die if there is no food supply. I doubt it is a Berghia.

Hi, saw your threat and thought I'd help out. This is not a berghia nudi. It is probably a coral eater or sponge eater. What have you added to your tank in the last week or so? That should give you a clue. Also, many nudis take on the color of the thing they eat. See if you can spot some on your rock and look at their color. This might help too.

It would be a very rare thing for a berghia to as a hitch hiker.

Agreed it's prob a pest nudi not something good like a Berghia. I'd get them out and keep an eye on the corals (zoas and montis) I had some zoas eating nudi's that I had to remove all the zoas from my tank and put them in the other tank to get rid of them... I noticed that my zoas were closing up and shrinking in size and found these guys crawling around the zoas when the actinics were on...

Back