Sicce ultra zero pump

Mike A

BRS Member
Question on these pumps, is anyone using them continuously to mix seawater or are they only designed to move water between containers ?

Searched online and could not find a good answer and would like to plumb one in to mix new water/circulate continuously and use it for water changes.

They have a new model out or coming out that I read about on socials that is supposedly designed to be able to be used in sump instead of return pump. I know it doesn't really answer your question.

Utility pumps are not design to run continuously like return pumps, they are mainly for draining and meant to be use intermittently. Of course u can set it up to run continuously but it will shorten the life of the pump. Utility pumps are also much louder.

I have used mine for dewatering tanks and it has worked well. although it is advertised as a utility pump it is designed more like a multifunction pump since it has a removable impeller. I see they advertise these pumps for hydroponic applications so they should be fine for running 24/7.

it should be fine to run 24/7. I took one apart and it is no different than traditional water pumps.
These type of pumps have been around for a long time before Sicce released theirs.

Back