Simple HD bucket rig

chadfish

BRS Member
I flooded the laundry room with RODI water one too many times. Instead of being kicked out of the house, I built this little setup. It came together very quickly. Works like a charm.

I was going to show @Mixed Reefer but then figured I’d share with the group.

I’m sure there are fancier setups, but if you are just making 5 gallons of RODI, this is perfect. EEBEA691-3C64-4AE6-B3D1-112897C24834.jpeg

I flooded the laundry room with RODI water one too many times. Instead of being kicked out of the house, I built this little setup. It came together very quickly. Works like a charm.

I’m sure there are fancier setups, but if you are just making 5 gallons of RODI, this is perfect.View attachment 172486
had the same setup in my brute barrel

Do you have the auto shut off thing on the RODI in addition to the float valve? or is the float valve alone sufficient to stop/slow flow if you forgot to close the blue valve?

Do you have the auto shut off thing on the RODI in addition to the float valve? or is the float valve alone sufficient to stop/slow flow if you forgot to close the blue valve?
Just the float. BUT (and this is a BIG butt) I have very low pressure- like 45 PSI. I’m not sure if this would continue to work well at higher pressures. If anyone could inform me, that would be very much appreciated.

I’m sure there are fancier setups, but if you are just making 5 gallons of RODI, this is perfect.View attachment 172486
Ha ha! Just made me laugh when I saw this. But we have the cleanest floors at our house compared to any other member in the Boston Reefers club! I know I have to do this

Down the drain with the laundry hose
So the bucket fills and the float stops the flow of the RO water but the waste water keeps running if no one shuts the water off it will keep going seams like a waste of alot of water.
Is there a way to just have both water lines shut down when enough RO water has been made??
Down the drain with the laundry hose

So the bucket fills and the float stops the flow of the RO water but the waste water keeps running if no one shuts the water off it will keep going seams like a waste of alot of water.
Is there a way to just have both water lines shut down when enough RO water has been made??
I’m pretty sure the waste water stops when the filtered water stops. Just by the nature of the system. There is no longer any water flowing through.

I’m pretty sure the waste water stops when the filtered water stops. Just by the nature of the system. There is no longer any water flowing through.
I'll have to try.
I'm tired of keeping on checking on th buckets lol

Wow! Oops. I just checked and you’re right, the waste water is still flowing! Yikes! Good thing I only use the float as a backup and set a timer.

as long as the rodi has a aso valve wastewater will turn off

Back